Thank you for your interest in the Beerfest 2024 organized by.
You only need to register your information once and can return to this site to enter more brews or edit the brews you've entered. You can even pay your entry fees online if you wish.
Judge and Steward Registration is Open
If you have not registered and are willing to be a volunteer, please register.
If you have registered, log in and then choose Edit Account from the My Account menu indicated by the icon on the top menu.
To celebrate 30 years of Beerfest, the theme of this year’s competition will be Retro Beers. We have 6 BJCP style categories and a 7th Reto beer knock-out competition.
» Brewers are limited to two entries in each category but may only enter each subcategory once.
» One bottle/can per entry (500ml minimum - 750ml preferred) - See special requirements for Retro Beer Category
» All entries must have labels attached.
Labels can be printed directly from this website. After completing your registration print the label and ATTACH TO BOTTLE/CAN with sticky tape.
All entries must be handcrafted products, containing ingredients available to the general public, and made using private equipment by hobbyist brewers (i.e., no use of commercial facilities or Brew on Premises operations).
The competition organisers are not responsible for mis-categorised entries, or entries that arrived damaged.
Qualified judging of all entries is the primary goal of our event. Judges will evaluate and score each entry. The average of the scores will rank each entry in its category.
The competition committee reserves the right to combine categories based on number of entries. All possible effort will be made to combine similar styles. All brews in combined categories will be judged according to the style they were originally entered in.
Bottles will not be returned to entrants.
1) SESSION(≤ 4% ABV)
- Berliner Weisse [BJCP 23A]
- Scottish Light [BJCP 14A]
- Scottish Heavy [BJCP 14B]
- American Light Lager [BJCP 1A]
- Dark Mild [BJCP 13A]
- German Leichtbier [BJCP 5A]
- Czech Pale Lager [BJCP 3A]
- Ordinary Bitter [BJCP 11A]
2) Wheat & Rye
- Weissbier [BJCP 10A]
- Witbier [BJCP 24A]
- Roggenbier; Historical Beer [BJCP 27]
- American Wheat Beer [BJCP 1D]
- Dunkles Weissbier [BJCP 10B]
- Weizenbock [BJCP 10C]
- Wheatwine [BJCP 22D]
3) STRONG Ale & LAGER
- American Strong Ale [BJCP 22B]
- Doppelbock [BJCP 9A]
- Eisbock [BJCP 9B]
- Wee Heavy [BJCP 17C]
- British Strong Ale [BJCP 17A]
- Old Ale [BJCP 17B]
- English Barleywine [BJCP 17D]
- American Barleywine [BJCP 22C]
4) SOUR & WILD ALE
- Gose [BJCP 23G]
- Lambic [BJCP 23D]
- Gueuze [BJCP 23E]
- Fruit Lambic [BJCP 23F]
- Straight Sour Beer [BJCP 28D]
- Flanders Red Ale [BJCP 23B]
- Oud Bruin [BJCP 23C]
- Brett Beer [BJCP 28A]
- Mixed-Fermentation Sour Beer [BJCP 28B]
- Wild Specialty Beer [BJCP 28C]
5) FRUIT & SPICE BEER
- Fruit Beer [BJCP 29A]
- Fruit and Spice Beer [BJCP 29B]
- Specialty Fruit Beer [BJCP 29C]
- Spice, Herb, or Vegetable Beer [BJCP 30A]
- Autumn Seasonal Beer [BJCP 30B]
- Winter Seasonal Beer [BJCP 30C]
- Specialty Spice Beer [BJCP 30D]
6) SMOKED & WOOD AGED BEER
- Classic Style Smoked Beer [BJCP 32A]
- Specialty Smoked Beer [BJCP 32B]
- Wood-Aged Beer [BJCP 33A]
- Specialty Wood-Aged Beer [BJCP 33B]
7) RETRO BEER
What is a Retro beer? That is for you to decide and the judges to determine. It should be a Brew that captures the essence of a bygone era and resonates with the judges' taste buds. How well does your beer transport the drinker back in time? Extra points for creativity and historical accuracy!
See instructions on the Info page
Entry Acceptance Rules
Number of Bottles Required Per Entry: 1
» One bottle/can per entry (750ml preferred) - See special requirements for Retro Beer Category
» All entries must have labels attached (Labels can be printed directly from this website).
- We will be using the BJCP 2021 guidelines https://www.bjcp.org/news/bjcp-releases-2021-beer-style-guidelines/
- Brewers can enter up to two entries per category, but not two entries into the same style.
- Exception for the Retro Beer Category where only 1 entry per brewer is allowed
- Entrants must nominate a designated Style.
Beers in each Category will be judged by a panel of at least 2 judges. Completed scoresheets will be returned to entrants.
You must be a resident of Victoria to enter.
your registration print the label and ATTACH TO BOTTLE/CAN with sticky tape.
You can send an email to any of the following individuals via Contact.
- John Keske — Competition Coordinator
Melbourne Brewers is proud to have the following sponsors for the Beerfest 2024.